Friday, October 8, 2010

The Best Dad

Why does hearing God seem so difficult for people? One of the reasons is because there is someone trying to keep us from doing so. The primary objective of the enemy is to steal, kill, and destroy. The father of lies looks for every opportunity to deceive and keep us separated from God. I have believed or heard others say the following things:

“I don’t hear from God.”

“Only super-spiritual people hear God.”

“The Bible is all we need as Christians.”

“God doesn’t want to talk to me.”
“God has more important things to do than to talk with me.”

“Only crazy people think they hear from God.”

“It is my own voice and not God’s in my mind.”

“God wouldn’t say that or ask me to do this.”

“Satan is trying to deceive me.”

Some of these statements actually possess elements of truth. The enemy attempts to seduce and distort our beliefs so that a real relationship with God seems out of reach. The truth is Jesus Christ. He is perfect theology. He not only demonstrated that an intimate relationship with God was possible, he taught us it should be the norm. God is not only our Heavenly Father but our Abba or Daddy. The relationship a child has with his or her father is a shadow of what is available to us with God. It would be unthinkable for me not to communicate with my own children. It would be considered neglect and an unloving practice. God is the best Daddy ever and He loves to interact with His children.

Let us fight past the lies and declare the truth that we truly have the best Dad in the whole world. Faith is the foundation for our relationship with God (cf. Heb. 11:6). When we approach Him believing that He is good, it is an open door for the Father to prove our faith true.

Sing along to this song by Rick Pino and declare what every Christian should know!


"And do not call anyone on earth father, for you have one Father, and he is in heaven." Matthew 23:9

1 comment:

Shunshine Girl said...

Amen! :o) Fun song... I'm going to show Zac. He'll be dancing around the room!