Monday, March 21, 2011

One Thing

A movement is rising that is stirring the hearts of people to turn back to the Lord in pure devotion, fervent prayer, and committed fasting. The International House of Prayer (IHOP) based in Kansas City is at the forefront of this cause, sounding the call for continual worship and intercession as in the days of David's Tabernacle. They host a young adult conference at the end of every year called One Thing but they are also traveling across the country doing regional events. The name is derived from Psalm 27:4 when David prays, "One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life". You can check out a brief promo video below.



I just attended the regional conference here in Pasadena and it was awe-inspiring to see hundreds of people
, especially youth from all over southern California, cry out for more of the Lord. God is attracted to hunger and He gladly feeds those who draw near to Him with earnest desire. May our hunger for Him far outweigh any other attraction in our lives. Let us return to our first love and make our primary ministry to the Lord.

"My heart says of you, 'Seek his face!' Your face, Lord, I will seek." Psalm 27:8

No comments: