Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Three Years Old!!!

When my wife and I found out we were going to have a second baby almost 4 years ago, we were certain the baby was going to be a boy. I felt more comfortable with boys and I thought a brother would be good for Isaac. When our doctor told us we were having a girl, I was shocked. The thought of raising a little girl, watching her grow up into a young woman, protecting her from boys, and eventually giving her away to a husband seemed overwhelming. After Abigail Joy was born, everything changed. All my fears melted away as I held my amazing daughter in my arms. She has transformed my life. She is the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen, with perhaps a little bias...

Happy 3rd Birthday, Abigail!

Abigail lights up my life with her smile, singing, dancing, laugh, and playfulness. If I'm lying down on the couch she will gently put a blanket on me and kiss my cheek. She is my Princess Abby, Miss Curiosity, my joy, my beautiful one. My daughter, you are destined to bring hope, healing, happiness, love, and reconciliation to a broken world.

Abby with her favorite monkey

"...our daughters will be like pillars carved to adorn a palace."Psalm 144:12

No comments: