Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Being Led by the Spirit

Paul says in Romans 8:14 "For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons and daughters of God". I am learning daily what it means to be my Father's son. I love it! It is often unfamiliar and out of my comfort zone but I am encouraged by the Comforter. Being led by the Spirit is what moved us to Redding and ultimately what brought us back to Pasadena. A few months ago Jenney and I felt like we were supposed to move back home. In one night we discussed the matter and decided to act upon it. In the coming days, although we told no one about our decision, people started contacting me to do ministry down in Southern California. I spoke at a youth retreat right before Christmas and a session retreat for a Presbyterian church in January. I have been asked to minister at an Egyptian church next week and I will be traveling to Korea at the end of the month to teach a class at a ministry school. These were not opportunities I sought out or pursued. They only came after we obeyed the Spirit's prompting to move.


Being in a Father/son relationship is wonderful, especially when you have the best dad in the whole world. It's not so much about the doing as it is in the being together. Shared experiences are the heart of life. Being led by the Spirit who is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-loving is actually fun. He enables us to do and see things we could never have experienced on our own. This is going to be the best year of our lives yet!

"For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed." John 5:20

No comments: