Monday, April 13, 2009

The Shack

I just finished reading "The Shack" by William Paul Young. This fictional story about a father's amazing encounter with God after the tragic death of her daughter came out in 2007. It has risen to the New York Times Best Seller list and has remained their for over 45 weeks despite only an initial $200 marketing budget. It is the most revelatory work of fiction I have ever read regarding the nature of God. There is movement of the Spirit that is changing the world's perception of how people think about the divine. It is a revolution that is revealing the kindness of God and leading many to repentance. Click here to read a NY Times article about the book. I encourage you to read this remarkable story and pass it on to others!



Here is an excerpt from the book from pages 101-102: God (or Papa) speaking to Mackenzie (the main character). "Jesus is fully human. Although he is also fully God, he has never drawn upon his nature as God to do anything. He has only lived out of his relationship with me, living in the very same manner that I desire to be in relationship with every human being. He is just the first to do it to the uttermost-- the first to absolutely trust my life within him, the first to believe in my love and goodness without regard for appearance or consequence."

Mackenzie: "So when he healed the blind?"

Papa: "He did so as a dependent, limited human being trusting in my life and power to be at work within him and through him. Jesus, as a human being, had no power within himself to heal anyone."

No comments: