Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Objection to Healing

Before moving to Redding, I had developed a belief that God could heal anybody but rarely ever did. My foundation was that God was all-powerful, however my reality was that I never saw a healing. This type of faith resulted in pretty weak prayers where I would pray for those who were sick but never really expect anything miraculous to happen. Over the past year my faith has been growing as I have seen and studied the move of God in people's lives. I now operate out of a belief that Jesus gives us the authority to heal and so I pray in faith even if I don't observe immediate results.



Objections to healing almost always arise because the nature of the miraculous is difficult to understand. One common question regarding healing is "Why do some people get healed and others do not?" Although there is no perfect answer to this question, we must hold on to the fact that Jesus never turned away or failed to heal anyone who came to him in need. He demonstrated that God's will was for all to be made well. Therefore, we must strive to become completely filled by the Holy Spirit as Christ was so that we too may experience his success rate and do even greater works (cf. John 14:12). I will expand more on divine healing as it relates to the medical field
in the next post.

"Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases." Psalm 103:2-3

No comments: