Monday, May 18, 2009

Grace to Write

This week I am attending a writers' workshop called "Writing Unto the Glory" at Bethel Church. William P. Young, author of The Shack, is the featured guest speaker. English classes, especially grammar and writing, were not a strength in school and I never imagined I would write anything that hadn't been assigned. Yet here I sit, typing away on a blog and making plans to begin writing a book this summer.


How I sometimes feel when trying to write

One thing I have learned from this past year is that grace is the divine enablement to do something you were unable to do before the grace was given. I believe God is giving me the grace to write clearly, meaningfully, insightfully, and transformationally. Are there areas in your life you are receiving or would like to receive grace in? Whether it's writing, speaking, parenting, etc, our Heavenly Father is longing to give grace in greater measure to those who desire it. Seek, ask, and declare it into reality. Then live it out and allow the Holy Spirit to infuse your actions with wisdom, power, and love!

"And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace." John 1:16



No comments: