Thursday, May 21, 2009

Daring to Dream

Growing up, I was always taught to be practical. One of the effects of this emphasis was that I haven't really invested much time into dreams. I have been recently learning the importance of cultivating and praying into our yearnings and passions. One of the reasons dreams are so important is because God is often the one who places these desires in our hearts. Unfortunately, reason, rationality, practicality, and many other influences suppress our ability to even entertain the dreams we have.


Begin to take steps to fulfill your dreams

If you knew that you couldn't fail, what would you set out to do? This summer I am going to write down a list of dreams and begin bringing them to God in order to see their fulfillment in my lifetime. Our Heavenly Father is longing for the dreams of his children become a reality because the world is blessed when these things happen!

"I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions." Joel 2:28

No comments: