Friday, June 5, 2009

Overcoming the Lack

In Matthew 8, a man with leprosy came and knelt before Jesus saying, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean. (v. 2)" Jesus' response was awesome in its simplicity and power: "I am willing. Be clean!" The man was instantly cured. In fact, as far as Scripture teaches, everyone who came to Christ for healing was made well. Jesus shows the true heart of God when it comes to healing- He is willing.


Jesus demonstrates God's desire to restore everyone

If God is always willing to heal and we are called to heal, why do some people not receive their breakthrough when they get prayed for? I am still wrestling with this question but I must remind myself that the lack is not on the part of God. The lack rests in us. As someone who is stepping out in faith to pray for miraculous healing in others, it is a difficult thing when there is no visible sign of restoration. One core value that helps me is that it is impossible for nothing to happen when I pray. Something changes in prayer whether I see it or not. But I cannot be content with only a few people healed. I must seek to be completely filled with the Holy Spirit, as Jesus was, to experience 100% healing all of the time. That is one my life goals or God dreams. Please pray that this may become a reality not just for me, but an entire generation passionate for revival so that the world may be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord!

"And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up." James 5:15



No comments: