Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Prayer for Reformation

Recently, President Obama gave a very important announcement of great significance. I am not speaking of Osama Bin Laden's death but rather the National Day of Prayer. According to the Office of the Press Secretary, the President proclaimed:

"NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 5, 2011, as a National Day of Prayer. I invite all citizens of our Nation, as their own faith or conscience directs them, to join me in giving thanks for the many blessings we enjoy, and I ask all people of faith to join me in asking God for guidance, mercy, and protection for our Nation."

Thursday, May 5 is the 60th Annual Observance of the National Day of Prayer

We have been bombarded with challenges such as the recession, national deficit, earthquakes, tsunamis, radioactive leaks, tornadoes, and global terrorism. Add to this the ongoing battle of protecting unborn children, preserving the institution of marriage, and promoting healthy marriages, the United States of America is truly in need of divine intervention. I am thankful for the National Day of Prayer tomorrow but it just seems that one day is not enough. It would be wonderful if there was a movement, revival, or awakening that caused the hearts of people to turn back to the Lord. Though we cannot control others, we can make a choice for ourselves. May we gather together in unity with other believers to stand in the gap for our nation and the entire world to experience transformation. Our prayers shift earthly realities!


I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”Psalm 91:2

No comments: